Interview and CV/Resume tips
Here you can find useful tips about career planning, making CV, writing cover letter and taking interviews.
- 3 Steps To Figure Out Your Ideal Career. Are you unsure of the career you really want? Do you want a career that will truly make you happy? Follow these 3 steps, and perhaps your ideal career will land itself in front of you.
- 5 Biggest Networking Mistakes To Avoid. To be an effective networker, you have to put in the time and effort, do your homework, step out of your comfort zone, and avoid the common missteps many people make.
- An Introvert’s 5 Tips For Career Success. Introverts may be respected for the work they do and usually get a pat on the shoulder, but extroverts are still the ones who command the spotlight and reap much of the recognition. We all have an opportunity to make it better for ourselves by simply playing extroverts at their own game.
- What Job Seekers Need to Know About Social Media.This resource talks about the importance of responsible social media use and its possible impact on job hunting, published by the University of Dayton.
- How to write a resume: Resume tips. From your objective and work history to your education and skills, learn how to make each section of your resume the best it can be.
- Resume Samples. Find a variety of resume samples and examples for a variety of jobs and careers.
- Resume Tips for Job Fair Success. Whether you're a recent graduate seeking your first position or an experienced professional in search of a new opportunity, attending job fairs is one way to network and find job leads.
- Choosing Your Resume Strategy: Specialist or Generalist. In a buyer's market, you may be tempted to throw all your skills on your resume, praying that the sheer variety of your experiences will overwhelm an employer. But does the generalist resume work best today? Not necessarily.
- 31 things you should remove from your résumé immediately.
- Top 10 resume mistakes to avoid. Aren't sure what to put on your resume? Make sure you don't include any of these common errors.
- Resume Critique Checklist. If someone has asked you to review his resume and you want to help him ensure it gets read -- or want to know if your own is up to par -- be sure you can answer yes to the following questions.
- Harvard University's CV and CL guides: 1, 2.
- The Cover Letter Basics
- 5 simple steps to writing a successful cover letter. Your resume will get you through the door, but your cover letter will prompt employers to want to answer that door in the first place.
- Cover Letter Samples. From cover letter examples to templates, Monster's experts have a you covered! Find sample cover letters for different careers and job industries.
- 8 tips for better email cover letters. If you're emailing a resume, your cover letter will deliver the first impression. These eight tips will help you craft a better email cover letter.
- Cover letter framework from Yale University
- 10 Tips for the Day of Your Job Interview. Here are some tips and strategies to help it go well and lead to a job offer.
- The Ultimate Guide To Passing Any Interview. This guide provides tips and helpful advice, including sample interview questions, to help an applicant make the best possible impression during a job interview.
- The 15-step guide to nailing any job interview. Nailing a job interview is all about preparation, but where do you start?
- Advice for Tackling the Different Types of Interviews. As a job seeker, you can expect to have a number of interviews before you get a job offer. But not all interviews are alike.
- 5 Things You Must Do to Prepare for a Video Interview. Video interviews can be a great way to connect with a potential employer without having to travel, but they are full of potential pitfalls. So if you’re asked to participate in a video interview, you’ll want to make sure you’re ready.
- Phone Interviews: Five Tricks for Standing Out. Phone interviews are a useful tool for potential employers - the conversations help screen candidates quickly and determine who’s worth a face-to-face meeting. It’s essential to be ready for it when the phone rings.
- How to prepare for the most difficult interview questions in 3 simple steps. There are really only three kinds of questions that matter in an interview; therefore if you can prepare for those questions and show yourself in the best light with your answers, you should be fine.
- Tough interview questions and answers. Going into any job interview, you know you’re going to get some tough questions.
- 11 things you should do when you're nervous about a job interview. The key to conveying confidence when you're in the hot seat, then, is to keep calm and carry on. Easy, right? Well, if you employ some of these strategies for remaining calm during a job interview, it could be.
- 9 good questions to ask in an interview. Interviews aren't just about giving the right answers—they're about asking the right questions.
- 13 things you should do after a job interview. How you handle the post-interview process is just as important as how you performed during the actual interview.
- 4 follow up email after interview examples. The way the interview ended left you hopeful. Now you wait. But you still have some control over the process by following up.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.